HRX 2018: Hand of the Gods Founder's Tournament Schedule & How to Watch
We’re only a few weeks away from the first-ever Hand of the Gods championship tournament at HRX 2018. From January 4-7, top players from all over the world will gather in Atlanta, GA to battle it out in the Hand of the Gods Founder’s Tournament — and whoever comes out victorious will walk away with the lion’s share of a $50,000 prize pool.
16 players will compete in this inaugural event, and eight of them have already qualified through our weekly online HotG tournaments or at conventions like Paris Games Week. But the other eight spots in the Founder’s Tournament are reserved for whichever HRX attendees are able to fight their way to the top of an open bracket tournament we’re holding at the event. (For more information on how you can compete in that tournament, check out our guide to participating in the Hand of the Gods Open Qualifier at HRX.)
Once the open bracket is played out, all 16 qualified players will head into the thick of the Founder’s Tournament. Here’s the rundown of who will be playing who during the event and when the matches will go down.
HotG Founder’s Tournament Format and Brackets
The Founder’s Tournament will follow a single elimination format, with best of five (Bo5) matches all the way through. Each match of the first round will pit one of the previously qualified players against a player who qualifies via the open bracket at HRX:
- Match 1: Potpie vs. Open Bracket Winner #8
- Match 2: Goodfeller vs. Open Bracket Winner #1
- Match 3: YouCanCallMeAl vs. Open Bracket Winner #5
- Match 4: Swidz vs. Open Bracket Winner #4
- Match 5: echang vs. Open Bracket Winner #7
- Match 6: MisterC4 vs. Open Bracket Winner #2
- Match 7: Meziljie vs. Open Bracket Winner #6
- Match 8: Unscathed vs. Open Bracket Winner #3
Following these initial matches, players in the quarterfinals, semifinals, and grand finals will play each round through Bo5 sets until one person is crowned the very first World Champion for Hand of the Gods.
HotG Founder’s Tournament Schedule
All matches for the Founder’s Tournament will be streamed on the official Hand of the Gods Twitch channel on Saturday (January 6) and Sunday (January 7). If you want to get in on the action, here are the exact days and times that each game in the tournament will go live.
Saturday – January 6
- 9:30 AM EST: Knockout Round Matches
- 10:45 AM EST: Quarterfinals Match #1
- 12:00 PM EST: Quarterfinals Match #2
- 1:15 PM EST: Quarterfinals Match #3
- 2:30 PM EST: Quarterfinals Match #4
- 3:45 PM EST: Semifinals Match #1
- 5:00 PM EST: Semifinals Match #2
Sunday – January 7
- 11:30 AM EST: Grand Finals Match
These games are sure to be exciting, so you don’t want to miss out! We’ll be offering special loot drops throughout the event for anyone who tunes in to watch via Twitch — including Legendary Cards, Runes, and Core Packs. You can also keep up with the action by following @PlayHotG on Twitter to get game updates, match results, and more chances at getting that sweet, sweet loot.
Whether you join us in-person or via Twitch for the Hand of the Gods Founder’s Tournament, we look forward to seeing you all at HRX 2018!